MoreThanWordsLK

MoreThanWordsLK

I love to blog!  This blog will be mostly dedicated to the art of writing.  I also have two additional blogs:  More Than Words on Blogspot.com that deals with every topic under the sun and Theuerkauf's Tails on Blogspot.com that pertains to my crazy life as a mother to 7 fur babies.

I hope you enjoy reading my blogs!  I would love to connect with you!

A Truly Eye-Opening Book

Be Honest--You're Not That Into Him Either: Raise Your Standards and Reach for the Love You Deserve - Ian Kerner, Amy Sohn

Much like "He's Just Not That Into You," this book turns the tables and shines the spotlight on the fact that we as women are very quick to "settle." Kerner states that many times, we see the problems with our mate, but choose to ignore them so that we do not have to be alone.

The behaviors and scenarios presented in this book are hilarious, as well as true. I found myself highlighting sections and writing the names of my ex-boyfriends next to them. I found it very refreshing for a male author to admit to the many crazy behaviors exhibited by men. The fact that Kerner seems to be a champion for women is even better.

Most importantly, he encourages women to raise their standards and seek out the love that they are worthy of. This book is very empowering and forces women to take a good look at not only their mate, but, themselves as well. A must read for everyone!