MoreThanWordsLK

MoreThanWordsLK

I love to blog!  This blog will be mostly dedicated to the art of writing.  I also have two additional blogs:  More Than Words on Blogspot.com that deals with every topic under the sun and Theuerkauf's Tails on Blogspot.com that pertains to my crazy life as a mother to 7 fur babies.

I hope you enjoy reading my blogs!  I would love to connect with you!

Flawed Dogs: The Shocking Raid on Westminster - Berkeley Breathed I thought that this book was simply amazing! I was literally on the edge of my seat from start to finish. I also had a hard time putting the book down (just ask my husband!).

In the beginning, we meet a lonely dachshund. He has just been purchased by an over the top woman who is bent on winning the Westminster Dog Show. Soon, the nameless dachshund meets up with Heidy, an orphan who is just as lonely and scared as he is. Sensing his distress, Heidy frees the dog and promptly names him Sam the Lion.

What unfolds next is a series of unbelievable betrayal, love and hope. Each chapter is a new surprise and introduces the reader to a cast of very lovable and memorable characters. By the end of the book, I was crying with happiness.

The only reason that I rated this book 4 out of 5 stars is that I think the book is quite dark for the young reader set. I cannot actually imagine dogs being that cruel and deceitful in nature. I also felt that the author tended to use gratuitous violence to make his point. Overall, though a wonderful read.