MoreThanWordsLK

MoreThanWordsLK

I love to blog!  This blog will be mostly dedicated to the art of writing.  I also have two additional blogs:  More Than Words on Blogspot.com that deals with every topic under the sun and Theuerkauf's Tails on Blogspot.com that pertains to my crazy life as a mother to 7 fur babies.

I hope you enjoy reading my blogs!  I would love to connect with you!

Cat Lovers Rejoice!

What Cat Is That?: All About Cats - Tish Rabe, Aristides Ruiz, Joe Mathieu

What Cat is That?  All About CATS by Tish Rabe introduces children to the wonderful world of cats.  With the Cat in the Hat as their guide, a little boy and girl set off on a journey around the world in a Kitty-Cat-Copter.  They meet lions in Kenya, tigers in Bangkok and so much more.  Along the way, the children learn numerous facts about cats.

I absolutely loved this book!  The illustrations by Aristides Ruiz and Joe Mathieu pay homage to the great Dr. Seuss and are simply adorable.  I also found the facts in the book to be quite interesting.  I never knew that there is a breed of cat that actually likes to swim!  Or that a group of kittens is called a kindle.

I would highly recommend this book to readers and cat lovers of all ages.  Readers will delight in the whimsical illustrations and will walk away with an increased knowledge in all things cat.  There is even a glossary in the back of the book as well as a For Further Reading section which suggests other books about cats that readers might enjoy.  Check it out right meow!