MoreThanWordsLK

MoreThanWordsLK

I love to blog!  This blog will be mostly dedicated to the art of writing.  I also have two additional blogs:  More Than Words on Blogspot.com that deals with every topic under the sun and Theuerkauf's Tails on Blogspot.com that pertains to my crazy life as a mother to 7 fur babies.

I hope you enjoy reading my blogs!  I would love to connect with you!

A New Dr. Seuss Classic

What Pet Should I Get? - Dr. Seuss

What Pet Should I Get? by Dr. Seuss is a delightful story that depicts two children faced with a very difficult decision: choosing a family pet.  Just as each child believes he/she has found the perfect pet, a different breed of animal emerges, tempting them to change their minds.

The children then begin to think about what type of pet their parents would like.  While this appears to help with the elimination process, the siblings still cannot agree on which pet to pick.  Time is running out!  Will they ever find their perfect pet?

Dr. Seuss has once again masterfully written a story with an adult concept in mind: making decisions.  I believe that all readers will easily relate to this story.  The reader is introduced to a cast of unusual and colorful characters that are sure to enchant and delight.

I especially loved the ending of this book.  No spoilers here!  I also thoroughly enjoyed reading the special section at the end of the book that discusses Dr. Seuss' longtime love of animals.  The vintage pictures of Seuss with his various dogs is truly a treasure to behold.