MoreThanWordsLK

MoreThanWordsLK

I love to blog!  This blog will be mostly dedicated to the art of writing.  I also have two additional blogs:  More Than Words on Blogspot.com that deals with every topic under the sun and Theuerkauf's Tails on Blogspot.com that pertains to my crazy life as a mother to 7 fur babies.

I hope you enjoy reading my blogs!  I would love to connect with you!

I Want Broccoli!

Who Wants Broccoli? - Val Jones, Val Jones

Who Wants Broccoli? by Val Jones tells the heartwarming tale of a lonely dog named Broccoli. He was left on the doorstep of Beezley’s Animal Shelter as a pup. The Beezley’s try their best to find Broccoli a home, but Broccoli is not like the rest of the animals at the shelter. He is…different.

While the other animals sit quietly in their cages, Broccoli likes to perform tricks. His favorite move involves taking his full water dish and tossing it into the air all so he can catch the dish on his head! But what Broccoli really likes to do is show off his big bark.

Broccoli becomes extremely excited when he sees a new little boy move into the house across the street. He begins to dream about being adopted and all the fun that he and the boy could have together. In his excitement, Broccoli makes the biggest mess of all.

Fed up with his antics, Mr. Beezley puts Broccoli in the storage room where he won’t be able to cause any more trouble. How will Broccoli ever be adopted now?

This story had me captivated from start to finish. Broccoli’s personality reminds me of one of my own rescue pups. Val Jones’ illustrations are whimsical and charming and are sure to enchant young and old alike. I can also definitely relate to the theme of being unique and staying true to oneself. Animal lovers of all ages are sure to fall in love with the adorable Broccoli.