MoreThanWordsLK

MoreThanWordsLK

I love to blog!  This blog will be mostly dedicated to the art of writing.  I also have two additional blogs:  More Than Words on Blogspot.com that deals with every topic under the sun and Theuerkauf's Tails on Blogspot.com that pertains to my crazy life as a mother to 7 fur babies.

I hope you enjoy reading my blogs!  I would love to connect with you!

Outstanding Olaf

Frozen An Amazing Snowman - Barbara Jean Hicks, Olga Mosqueda

An Amazing Snowman by Barbara Jean Hicks explores the complex creature that is Olaf!  Hicks skillfully navigates through the range of human emotions by following Olaf through a typical day.  He defies the stereotypical snowman and dreams of playing on the beach and sailing to exotic locals.

Through all of his adventures, Olaf treats those around him with love and respect.  He is constantly encouraging everyone to be the best that they can be.  And Olaf never misses an opportunity to stop and smell the roses.  He treasures every day life experiences as magical moments.

Olga T. Mosqueda provides breathtaking illustrations for this uplifting story.  The characters appear to have a stunning watercolor-like quality.  I especially love her interpretation of Sven!

This story will certainly delight the young and the young at heart.  Children will definitely be dazzled by the pictures.  I am sure that An Amazing Snowman will become a new favorite bedtime story throughout the world.